Old 16-04-2013, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default New year , new place , new garden

In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Well , I managed to get part of my new garden space tilled before the worm
gear stripped ... so next trip up from Memphis the big tiller is near the
top of the list .I went ahead and started a few plants today , a couple of
heirloom tomatoes , ten strawberry plants , and some green onion sets . The
'maters went into larger-than-the-pot holes filled with a 50/50
dirt/manure-topsoil mix , the berries are on a pile of the pure stuff but
covered with regular soil , and the onions went into a plain ol' hole in the
dirt .

I hope your worm is feeling better. How many sq. ft. are you planting?
Y'know, you can make a garden without digging. Believe it or not it's
called "No Dig" gardening, aka sheet mulch, or lasagna gardening. The
older you get, the better it feels.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/