Old 16-04-2013, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Migrants (birds that is)

On 15/04/2013 23:20, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Rod" wrote

A chiff chaff took a territory at the bottom of the garden on Friday -
high time too, they're usually here by the end of March.
Goldfinches (not strictly migrants) but they came back to our patch
today.
Seen nothing else yet.

Whilst the male Blackcap we have had in the garden for months seems to
have gone back to Germany about a week ago, the female is still here
constantly eating the fat balls. They both should have gone some while ago!

WHY?
Black caps migrate to the UK for the summer
From RSPB "Although primarily a summer visitor birds from Germany and
north-east Europe are increasingly spending the winter in the UK"