Old 17-04-2013, 01:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default What flower is this?

said:

I have googled and flipped many pages of flower books and such...I still
cannot find the
name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain in Virginia, it is
very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently neither had any
resources that I've checked.

If you can help, please send me any references or data concerning this plant. I
send my thanks.

Flower Images:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...w/DSCN0224.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...w/DSCN0223.jpg

I agree, Kerria japonica, double-flowered form. Not native, but attractive and
so far as I know, not particularly invasive.

Which reminds me that I really ought to get grub out those now-overshaded
privets and plant an informal line of Kerria in its place...

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored