Old 17-04-2013, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Advice on my overgrown garden (inc pics!)

"MichaelD" wrote in message

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a house with a 30x90ft garden, which was massively
overgrown:

[image: http://imageshack.us/a/img580/1193/gardenold.jpg]

I have since spent quite a bit of time pulling out all of the old bushes
and trees, burning as I go. As you can see, I've certainly made
progress:

[image: http://imageshack.us/a/img27/5903/garden2b.jpg]
[image: http://imageshack.us/a/img6/6974/garden3u.jpg]

However, I am now moving towards being in a position whereby:

- There are lots of roots in the ground from the large bushes / small
trees
- I have attempted to remove the bramble roots, but not done a great
job - lots left in there / hidden
- I want to remove all of this, and then lay grass!

My plan is to hire a mini excavator (it's about 800cm wide - will fit
through the door in my garange!)

I bet it won't. Unless you've got the mother of all garages.

Steve