Old 18-04-2013, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Simple explanation of Thatchers legacy.

"Pete" wrote in message

Before commenting on the topic - some thought should be considered as to
spelling of the subject in hand
and your accurate description of the events that occurred.

"It was war. Whether it was right I don't know.
Argentina claim the Failkland Islands are theirs. Britain claims the
Faulklands are theirs, islanders identify as British.
I see this going on and on.
Simple. The islanders are all very clear they are British so bad luck
Argentina when Maggie bombed you to bits. "

C.W.

They are the Falkland Islands.
They are British.
Luck has no part in it.
Mrs. Thatcher did not bomb anybody "to bits".

Pete

I think a ship?
anyway she wasn't going to have Argentina putting their flag up on the
Falklands and I admired her for that.

I knew when I saw a little paragraph in a newspaper "Argentina have planted
their flag in the Falklands", that this would be war.
I was right up there with her.

We can argue for ever about who the Falklands Islands belonged to once
centuries ago, but they feel they are British and that's enough for a
fight.

anyway we won.
Whether it was worth the loss of lives? I don't know but Simon Weston was
there, he got horribly burnt when his ship got attacked but he was there for
her funeral.

Margaret Thatcher was/is a good role model for girls.
We Can Be Prime Minister!