Old 18-04-2013, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wind, gusty and then more wind and gusts

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:30:54 +0100, David Hill wrote:

put in a bottle bank which is about 100 metres away.

You're lucky!

Glass has to be taken to a waste reycling centre, or to a bottle bank,
the nearest to us being almost a mile away.

Nearer 3 for us. B-)

We have recycling collections (plastic, cardboard, tins) once a month.

Fortnightly hard plastic, card/paper, bottles and tins.

I'd much prefer a two-weekly "black bin" collection and a two weekly
recycling collection.

About the only stuff that goes in the "land fill" bag is plastic
films/bags from food packaging.

I took 3 bags of plastic to the recycling yesterday and had a set to
with one of the workers there I had a bag from a neighbouring authority
and he said I shouldn't bring it to his centre.

He he, I'm waiting for that to happen to me. The nearest HWRC is in
another county, the most convenient is also in another county. Cartons
being the only recyclable item that don't get taken from the doorstep get
taken there.

--
Cheers
Dave.