Old 25-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Henry

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

Vox Humana wrote:
They prune shrubs at the wrong time and complain that they
aren't getting many flowers.

This one always gets me. There are some folks near me with very nice
forsythia hedge. They keep it cut to about 1 1/2 feet high, pruning it
off and on including late in the fall. In the spring, while all their
neighbors have splashes of yellow and they could have a wonderful line
of color the entire width of their front yard, they get an occasional
flower or three. I'm not crazy about forsythia but it does give us a
nice display early in the spring. But without the week of flowers,
what's the point?

--
Henry