Old 19-04-2013, 11:19 PM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
Potatoes, onions and shallots now planted using my new VAM product. The potatoes were dipped in neat EM liquid then sprinkled with the VAM granules so that they would adhere to said potatoes in trenches previously lined with EM treated cow manure.

The Onions and shallots had their root ends dipped in neat EM solution then lightly dipped in the VAM granule container and planted.

Other less hardy crops will be held back until after the first week in May as we always get a frost that week up here.

I am hopeful that the new VAM product will increase yield previously experienced, which although was good was not what I expected.

My only concern Is, that the change to the vegetation in my compost bins may adversely affect results. I had been using fresh South American produce to mimic what the Amazon natives would have used. However it became too expensive to continue using this produce. I instead began using packets of the dried granules of these products.

It is the more inexpensive choice but am not sure of the outcome, did some research on the dried root granules and they seem to have the same overall nutrient value.

I am still experimenting with the concept of producing my own VAM's using a scaled down aquaponics system. I have had very limited success using this method but will keep trying. As I have said before its not rocket science I just need to focus on what is necessary to make the system work for me.

When I started this TP quest a few years ago no one was talking about composting charcoal or compost teas It was only when Tonythehoe and myself began exploring this concept of how to create a TP type soil that this was siezed upon by all and sundry. Now everybody has something to say about it, however it is as I have found, not about what you use as much as the way in which you use it.

The other need is to know what crops really thrive on in the natural world. they don't need inorganic chemical fertilisers or chemical weed kiillers and chemical disease protection they need wholesome organic remedies to fulfil their needs!!!!! It is only by exploring the past and finding out what our forefathers used to protect crops that we can provide for the future!!!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totaqlly useless unless open