Old 20-04-2013, 06:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Roy[_4_] Roy[_4_] is offline

Default rodale 30yr study

On Friday, April 19, 2013 9:01:49 PM UTC-6, songbird wrote:
i don't recall this link being posted,

i've not read it yet, but supposedly it is a

comparison between conventional methods and

organic done for 30 years.

http://66.147.244.123/~rodalein/wp-c...okletFINAL.pdf
songbird

I certainly do like the concept of organic farming but that booklet
is PROPAGANDA as bad as the crap put out by the chemical and fertilizer
companies. I know of some farmers in this area who have given up on organic farming as the weed problem just overwhelmed them. Trying to fight quack grass and thistles the organic way was totally useless.
I believe in using chemicals if and when necessary but should be a last resort.

Round-Up type herbicides should be used as little as possible and certainly not as pre-harvest treatments as some farmers routinely do.