Old 20-04-2013, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Water Survey

SK2013 wrote:
Q1: How would you describe the size of your garden?
a) Small b) Medium c) Large

b. medium (on the small side of medium)

Q2: How do you store rainwater/recycled water in your garden? Please
indicate which of the following statements apply:
a) ?I only use water from a tap?
b) ?I collect rainwater in a water butt?
c) ?I recycle grey water?*

I don't /only/ use tap water, but we use rainwater, bathwater and tap
water.

Q3: How do you water your garden? Please mark all of the below methods
that apply:
a) Hosepipe (using an inside/outside tap)
c) Hosepipe Irrigation system (using an inside/outside tap)
f) Watering can (filled using an inside/outside tap)
g) Watering can (filled from a water butt containing rain water)

Sometimes we water from hosepipe, mostly if we're using the hose it is
to fill the water butt. There are leaky-pipe things that run from the
mains on the flower beds, set on a timer over summer. And the greenhouse
has a drippy irrigation system.

Q4: If some of the time you water your garden with rainwater what
factors make you revert back to tap water?

Lack of rainwater.

Q5: If I was designing a product to water your garden what would the
three most important considerations be. Please mark those that are
applicable below:
a) Time: ?I need to water as quickly as possible, I don?t have the time
to continuously keep filling the watering can?
b) Sustainability: ? I want to ensure that where possible I conserve
water?

Definitely these two.

Then I'm torn between these two.

c) Efficiency: I want to make sure my plants receive adequate water?
h) Range: ?I need to be able to water my garden at long range without
losing pressure?.

Probably a/b/c

Q6: If you do not currently use rain/recycled water what are the
barriers that stop you?

n/a