Old 21-04-2013, 08:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Pea crop failure?

wrote:

I planted peas 5 weeks ago. They're just now starting to come up. So
far I've only seen only three seedlings out of whole packet of seeds.
I just noticed the third seedling today. What are the chances of the
rest of them coming up?

about where are you located?

hard to say, but three plants (if they survive)
can provide enough seeds for a second crop later
in the season. so perhaps all will be fine.

i'd give the weather more time to warm up and
then try another packet of seeds to fill in the
empty spaces. make sure the forecast is for
warm enough weather with some sunshine.

around here it's been too cold, frosts last
night and tonight. i won't be putting any peas
out for a while yet. they're one of my favorite
crops.

good luck,

songbird