Old 21-04-2013, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Willow tit

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:04:10 +0100, "Pete"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

We had our first g&t of the year in the garden yesterday evening and
saw what we think is the first ever willow tit here. What a special
occasion!

Indeed !

Fraid - I always have trouble differentiating between the various varieties
of tits. What are the defining visual factors of this willow variety ?

Regards
Pete

They look like overweight blue tits with much less blue and yellow.

Steve

Thanks Steve, that explains what we have quite often, but it's the Long
Tailed Tits which seem to sweep by as a 'squadron'. They seem to come in a
flock working their way across the gardens working down the road. Each of
our gardens are about 25 ft wide so they don't stay long.

cross posted to uk.rec.birdwatching to keep it on topic

Mike