Old 21-04-2013, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Wind, gusty and then more wind and gusts

"Baz" wrote in message ...

wrote in
:

Baz wrote:
I wasn't criticising, we have one bin for plastic and cardboard, we
have one bin for general household waste, one bin for garden refuse,
a box for tin cans and glass, and a box for paper.

My parents used to have a collection like that. Now they have what we
have, which is 2 wheelies, one for general and one for all recycling.
(they also, I think, still have a garden waste box, which we never
have) (we have a food waste bin, but I never* use it)

Interesting how things differ from county to county. We have got used to
"our" way. Not by any means perfect, but I like the idea of any recycling
regime. Anything but excessive landfill.
You mention a food waste bin. Cooked waste food?

Baz

Why cook food and waste it? When my parents had the hotel one of the things
which annoyed them was food which had been prepared in excess. Possibly
because we had been through the War and knew what food rationing was?

One of my illustrated talks is on Food Rationing during World War II, which
I give to lots of WI's and TWG's and lots of the Ladies remember it and add
to my contribution.

Mike