Old 21-04-2013, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Starting gardening

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:05:09 +0100, Sacha wrote:

before doing anything drastic, I found this by Alan Gould. It doesn't
say specifically that one should do nothing 'heavy' for a year but the
spirit is there, imo. http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/startingout.htm

I may have missed somebody else's comment that on the Beechgrove
Garden which I've only just watched, they gave the advice for a new
garden "wait a year". Sacha's advice not to "do anything heavy" nmakes
sense. Iobviously one would need to mow lawns and suchlike.

Pam in Bristol