Old 21-04-2013, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Water Survey

On 2013-04-21 14:12:07 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

On 19/04/2013 12:42, kay wrote:

I don't water the garden, only the greenhouse.

Which reminds me, I thought of going on a water divining course this
year. might be fun Won't help get water but if I move i can make sure
I'm not sitting on an underground lagoon!

I can water divine but haven't learned enough about depth and water
quality to go into it properly. Ray can't do it but felt the divining rod
moved in his hand when I held the opposite fork of it. and we held hands.
(Yes, yes, rude remarks already anticipated!) Matthew, who is Ray's son,
was deeply sceptical but astonished when the rod moved in his hands. I
went on a course, several years ago now, just to see what we'd be taught
and it was fascinating. This particular teacher had found old settlements
on Dartmoor, so it's not only water that can be found. And the idea that
it has to be a willow twig is nonsense. The best I had - and I've lost it
(!) was made out of two bits of packing plastic stuff, bound together with
sticky tape. They flexed nicely and were quite short so easy to hold at
the required angle and tension. I'd say go for it - at the very least
it's an interesting experience. People who have never experienced it will
scoff but when the divining rod moves in your hands and nearly takes the
skin off as you try to hold it steady, you'll know you've got the knack!
--

Can anyone devine or is it a 'gift'?