Old 22-04-2013, 01:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default rodale 30yr study

"songbird" wrote in message
Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:

i don't recall this link being posted,
i've not read it yet, but supposedly it is a
comparison between conventional methods and
organic done for 30 years.

http://66.147.244.123/~rodalein/wp-c...okletFINAL.pdf

I'm sure that Monsanto's response will be bigger, glossier, and praise
GM products to the heavens. Supporters of the Guardians Of Privilege
will see this as tampering with the free market. So, why are you
spitting into the wind, bird? ;O)

because it blows
big baby chunks
it blows

ok, having read through the report i was struck by
two things. as pictures are worth a thousand words.
the picture of the conventional soil next to the
organic soil and the other picture of the organic
field next to the conventional field during a time of
drought.

the only unfortunate thing in the report was the
misuse of the word prostrate it should have been
spelled prostate.

Huh? Now I'm going to have to go and read it. Knowing of Rodales interest
int he plant world it'd make sense to me for Rodale to mention 'prostrate'
but I really can't see any reason for them to be referring to 'prostate' .
Cancer links from growing practices perhaps??? Off to read it.....