Old 22-04-2013, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default Pea crop failure?

On Apr 21, 3:36*am, songbird wrote:
wrote:
I planted peas 5 weeks ago. *They're just now starting to come up. *So
far I've only seen only three seedlings out of whole packet of seeds.
I just noticed the third seedling today. *What are the chances of the
rest of them coming up?

* about where are you located?

* hard to say, but three plants (if they survive)
can provide enough seeds for a second crop later
in the season. *so perhaps all will be fine.

* i'd give the weather more time to warm up and
then try another packet of seeds to fill in the
empty spaces. *make sure the forecast is for
warm enough weather with some sunshine.

* around here it's been too cold, frosts last
night and tonight. *i won't be putting any peas
out for a while yet. *they're one of my favorite
crops.

* good luck,

* songbird

I'm in north central Kentucky. I've always planted peas around the
middle of March but this year it's been exceptionally cool this spring.