Old 28-02-2003, 06:28 AM
Brian Watson

Default Kiwi plants

"SugarChile" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The birds ignore them, and in the 10+ years I've grown them, I have had no
insect problems and no disease problems. I don't spray at all, the only
care is to prune in late winter. It's rather remarkable, now that I think
about it. There aren't that many plants that don't have *any* problems.

We had a horrendous drought last summer, and the vines did wither towards
the end, but in a 'normal' year they don't need supplemental water.

Are they hungry?

Unfortunately, I've got to move a trio of kiwis (one male, two females) that
were at my house when I moved to it and I don't know whether they do best on
starving or feeding.

My plan is to prune them back a bit then move them to the new location on a
south-facing wall (in England).

Does that sound sensible?

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"