Old 22-04-2013, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan[_3_] Jonathan[_3_] is offline

Default Water Survey

On Apr 18, 8:41*pm, SK2013 wrote:
Good Evening,

I am currently studying design with the Open University and could do
with some help please. A keen gardener myself I am interested to look at
solutions for watering the garden. I would really appreciate it if
people could respond to the questions below to help me with my project.

Q1: How would you describe the size of your garden?
a) * * *Small * * * * * b) Medium * * * * * * * c) Large

Medium

Q2: How do you store rainwater/recycled water in your garden? Please
indicate which of the following statements apply:
a) * * *“I only use water from a tap”
b) * * *“I collect rainwater in a water butt”
c) * * *“I recycle grey water”*
d) * * *Other, please specify

I use water from the tap mostly
*For example waste water from the bathroom/kitchen that is relatively
clean

Q3: How do you water your garden? Please mark all of the below methods
that apply:
a) * * *Hosepipe (using an inside/outside tap)
b) * * *Hosepipe and sprinkler (using an inside/outside tap)
c) * * *Hosepipe Irrigation system (using an inside/outside tap)
d) * * *Hosepipe and electric pump (using an inside/outside tap)
e) * * *Hosepipe and solar powered pump (using water butt rain water)
f) * * *Watering can (filled using an inside/outside tap)
g) * * *Watering can (filled from a water butt containing rain water)
h) * * *Other, please specify

a,b,c,f

Q4: If some of the time you water your garden with rainwater what
factors make you revert back to tap water?

It has stopped raining for long enough

Q5: If I was designing a product to water your garden what would the
three most important considerations be. Please mark those that are
applicable below:
a) * * *Time: “I need to water as quickly as possible, I don’t have the time
to continuously keep filling the watering can”
b) * * *Sustainability: “ I want to ensure that where possible I conserve
water”
c) * * *Efficiency: I want to make sure my plants receive adequate water”
d) * * *Weight: “I don’t like carrying the watering can up and down”
e) * * *Durability/Reliability: “I need a solution that won’t let me down and
will last”
f) * * *Aesthetics: “I want the solution to look good”
g) * * *Pressu “I need to ensure there is adequate pressure to
successfully water my garden”
h) * * *Range: “I need to be able to water my garden at long range without
losing pressure”.

a,b,c,d,e,g,h
Q6: If you do not currently use rain/recycled water what are the
barriers that stop you?

Drought

--
SK2013