Old 22-04-2013, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Pea crop failure?

I'm in north central Kentucky. I've always planted peas around the
middle of March but this year it's been exceptionally cool this spring.

a lot of snow storms went south of us this
spring. we've had plenty of rain. i won't
be planting much for a bit yet.

when i plant peas in warm enough ground and
there's some sunshine they'll sprout in 4-5
days. i know they can survive frosts, but i'd
rather give them a quicker start so i know
what takes and it gives weeds much less of a
chance to get going.

songbird