Old 23-04-2013, 08:49 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_10_] View Post

I'm pretty sure David's correct and it was a Coal Tit. I'll look out
for it again but as it was a bit obscured by a climbing rose's stems,
we couldn't get a clear look at it. But the Coal tit sounds much more
likely. Thanks, Kay.
-
Coal tits are massively more common than marsh tits and willow tits. They're in our garden every day, and bolder than the other tits in coming to the feeder and fats closest to the window. I can never get used to the idea that other gardeners may not have seen them - I must look up their distribution - maybe they're commoner in the north?

Long-tailed tits are another that we have daily in the garden, yet I know other people have never had them.