Old 23-04-2013, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
news news is offline

Default Pesticides

In article , Martin
writes
It didn't say that. It was typical BBC dumbed down science.

Whereas other channels don't do that? Sounds like another boring BBC
bashing.

[little snip]

The whole programme would be better if Countryfile didn't
constantly switch between topics and then have to recap what had been
said earlier. This is common in BBC programmes I find it very
irritating, the BBC probably think it is entertaining.

It is a peak time magzine programme with a Sunday pm audience profile -
and without time to go into depth on the science, I presume.

Even the dedicated science programmes have to take a balance between
people that know nothing of the subject and experts that will view it as
dumbed down.

Not that I'm disagreeing that a lot of it could still be called dumbed
down - but the nature of the programme/slot will vary this - and
moreover, I don't see much different on non-BBC programmes.

--
regards andyw