Old 24-04-2013, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default Pesticides

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:15:34 +0100, rbel wrote:

I agree entirely with your view that BBC tv documentaries have declined
dramatically in quality in recent years. I have not found anything
worth watching on BBC2 for at least a year. Thankfully there are the
occasional programmes by Al Khalili and Januszczak on BBC4 that are
worth watching.

I went off Al Khalili when he presented a programme on 'Muslim science' (whatever that means), when he
stated that the circumference of the Earth was eastimated in ~800AD by a Muslim scientist - completely
ignoring the previous measurements made in India 400 years previously and by the Greeks in 200BC.

--
Terry Fields