Old 25-04-2013, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Warning!

On 4/25/2013 5:41 AM, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 05:08:54 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I'm here in the Southern U.S. where we drink (horrors) ice tea.

From experience in Georgia, iced tea is very pleasant and refreshing.
IIRC every time you went into a restaurant, especially at lunchtime, a
large jug of iced tea would be brought to the table before your order
was taken.

Yea, it's a Southern tradition and when I was a kid we had it by the
gallon at home and it was sweetened. When I got older I drank it by the
gallon until sugar became a problem. I then switched to unsweetened ice
tea and diet soft drinks so I can watch my figure. Most of my British
cousins have convulsions and/or hyperventilate whenever I mention iced
tea. ^_^

TDD