Old 25-04-2013, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] jsparkes2009@googlemail.com is offline

Default OT Warning!

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:28:10 AM UTC+1, Sacha wrote:
A friend of ours recently told us that he was staying in a London hotel

on Friday night, prior to taking part in the Marathon. On arriving, he

decided to make himself a cup of hot chocolate, using the kettle in his

room. As the kettle was still full, he simply switched it on and made

the drink. After taking one swig, his mouth and gullet felt as if they

were on fire. It turned out that the staff had descaled all the

kettles and someone had forgotten to empty and rinse out this one. He

had horrible stomach upsets all night but recovered to do the Marathon

and was offered �100 compensation by the hotel. He put this towards his

charity and told them it would not indemnify them against repercussions

if he developed any further illnesses as a result. But as he said to

me "do you empty bedroom kettles and refill them?" and I said "always".

His reply was that was a 'woman thing' and men normally just boil up

what's still in there. Don't!!

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I am like you Sacha, look, empty, fill, (rinse sometimes) then boil.
Thanks for the warning though. I hoped I wasn't paranoid!

Jenny