Old 25-04-2013, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Vine Weevil?

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:14:35 +0200, Mitulove
wrote:

I found this on the second floor making its way toward my bedroom!

My assumption is that it's vine weevil, but I thought maybe the markings
were a bit too subtle and un-shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/RrrTYU7.jpg

Thank you!

Looks like it. VW isn't particularly shiny, see
http://tinyurl.com/bq9ma2v for images. The do make a satisfying crunch
when trod on!

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

I agree definitely a Vine weevil which species I couldn't say (they are all
as bad as each other anyway!) managed to get rid of them here, haven't seen
one for around 6years now

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs