Old 26-04-2013, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default More EC Tomfoolery

"Phil Gurr" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Jake" wrote

Another daft proposal emanating from the Commissariat and with
potentially serious implications for all of us:

http://open-seeds.org/bad-seed-law/

I also understand that Barley Straw as used to cure green algae in ponds
is also to be removed from sale as it's been decided it must be tested
and receive the necessary number to remain on sale. The costs would be
too much for anyone to contemplate so it's coming off the shelves.

Bob, surely it is time that we followed the very excellent example
of the French - and ignored every one of the EC directives. As far
as I can tell, it's only ourselves and the Germans that pay any
heed to these directives. Who is going to police them anyway?

I've said that for years, seems we have too many jobsworths here so that
laws that are designed to protect us eventually end up causing us grief
because they look at the law as written instead of the spirit of the law as
meant. I think in France they look at the spirit of the laws and directives
more and then ignore them if it means a change in their culture. When have
you ever been to a Restaurant in France ordered the cheese and it's turned
up cold as here, the French would refuse to eat it.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.