Old 26-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Matt_Gardener10 Matt_Gardener10 is offline
Banned

Location: Leicester
Smile

I know this is an old comment, but I thought it deserved a bump. Exactly the reason why it is very hard to get garden centre quality plants mail order. The companies just aren't cut out for it.

You tend to see the larger companies producing certain selections in bulk, pre-packed, and left ready for shipping to the masses. Can very well lead to damage through lack of sunlight, or possible over watering, where they are watered substantially to last through the storage + postage.

Babyplants.co.uk is a good alternative - specifically designed from a garden centre to provide plug plants.

You could also try some of the bigger companies such as GardeningDirect, however they seem to have issues with their couriers, often require replacement (according to their review site).