Old 27-04-2013, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default wood ashes

"Roy" wrote in message
On Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:43:35 AM UTC-6, songbird wrote:

I have some wood ashes available and have
been reading up on the best ways to use them.

I'd be interested in hearing from people
who use them and experiences or cautions.

What I have read so far says to not
overdo it keeping the application rate
for one time shot at 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

I'd say that is WAY too thick an application. I use wood ashes like I would
icing sugar on a cake - it's a light dusting over the surface not a thick
layer. I think 'icing sugar' is called soemthing llike 'confectioner's
sugar int he US, if that is any help.