Old 28-04-2013, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] is offline

Default Yellow catkin.

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:03:57 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

On 28/04/2013 15:44, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
My new garden has a beautiful yellow catkin. I have no idea which
species it is. It's much brighter yellow tan any I seen before.

Any guesses?

Steve

A picture would help.

Or a description of the tree and catkins

Janet.

The tree has a creamy white trunk about three inch wide and thin brown
twigs all the way up. The catkins are about two inch long. The leaves
are tiny.

The reason I can't provide details is that I'm restricted to looking
at the tree from a window due to a disability. It also prevents me
taking a picture as I can't get to the tree.

Steve