Old 28-04-2013, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default May be it is not such a bad spring

Roger Tonkin wrote in
:

Just had my first picking of rhubarb (unforced),
delicious!

Looking back at my records for the last 14 years, end
of April is the most frequent peiod for starting
picking rhubarb. I use a 10 day span, for Early, Mid &
Late, and out of the 14 years,7 were Late-April, 2
were early-May, 3 were mid-April and 1 each for
early-April and mid-May.

Everything is beinging to shoot like mad, having been
away for almost a week it is an amazing difference.
Grass needs cutting again, for the 3rd time this year.

Yes. The starting pistol. Wonderful how everything is bursting into life
after a bad start.
Our rhubarb is probably 2 weeks away from picking.
Grass has been cut 3 times too, ready for the fourth.

Baz