Old 29-04-2013, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default ideas wanted please

On 2013-04-29 11:49:29 +0100, Kate Morgan said:

I have a fairly large area of rough ground so I decided to cover it
with wood chips. I am using wood chips for horse bedding so I have
plenty and it keeps on coming. Fungi has started to grow there which
is attractive but I am looking for something else that is preferably
evergreen and would ground cover quickly. Any bright ideas anyone, the
area is under trees but getting a pretty dappled light.
Does anyone want any for use as mulch etc.

kate
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire

There are loads of different Vincas which would probably do that job but
my favourite is the not-too-thuggish Vinca minor Gertrude Jekyll. If it
doesn't spread enough for you, you could look at some of the others,
like V oxyloba but they really do spread!

Why not underplant with Ferns