Old 29-04-2013, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default OT Warning!

On 2013-04-29 18:30:36 +0100, David Hill said:

Your tea tastes fine, no trace of Chorine, I seem to remember
disscussing how bad some cups of tea can be in your Kitchen! I think
we both wondered why some people bother drinking theirs and concluded
you must get used to it after time

Ah thanks, Charlie! Hope that means we can expect another visit soon!
;-) Istr a belief that went around at one time that the best tea was
made with London water which (urban myth mode on) was supposed to have
passed through 5 peoples' kidneys before it got to you! When we lived
in a house with only well water, it was pure and fresh and delicious.

They say that you develop your taste buds whilst you are young and that
influences the way you taste things through life.
So the water you were brought up on when you were young will have a
strong influence on the water you like in later life.
I was brought up on a mixture of Rainwater and bore hole water that was
very iron rich, so much so that left to stand it would go rust red, but
fresh from the borehole at around 45f it was wonderful.
That was when we lived outside Hastings.
David @ one end of Swansea Bay

I'm fairly sure my grandparents' houses (my earliest homes) were well
water. I'm certain one would have been. Parts of Jersey still don't
have mains water and don't want it! My aunt has a reservoir under her
lawn that is filled by a tanker every so often if the borehole runs
dry. Otherwise, it's filled by rainwater that filters through some
unsophisticated system or other to her taps. When offered mains
connections she and all her neighbours turned it down because they knew
that the local farmer would sell all his land for development, if he
could!

--

Sacha
South Devon