Old 25-04-2003, 03:44 AM
LeighMo

Default Loaches and MTS

Hmmm... my largest clown is about 3.5", maybe I should just enjoy the peace
while it lasts...

Don't say I didn't warn ya! g

There's a "new" kind of botia that is being dubbed "angelicus". It's very
very attractive, but they're selling them for ~$30 each for 1" babies.
I'll wait for them to drop in price...

I saw them at Loaches Online. They are pretty, and it sounds like they are a
nice size for fishtanks, about the same size as yoyos.

But I'm running out of room. For some reason, my favorite fish are all
bottom-feeders. I'd like to try those neon green corys, too, sometime. I
thought they were dyed, the first time I saw them. So I didn't buy them. I
haven't seen them since I found out they really are that color.

I have 2 clowns that are brave, 4 that are semi-brave and one that's a total
scaredy-cat. Still, the spend most of the time hiding in their cave. How
they fit in there along with the 4" ancistrus boggles my mind...

With my clowns, the bigger they get, the shyer they seem to get. My largest
clown is the biggest chicken. They were all quite bold when they were small.

They don't hide much, though. I've heard clown loaches are nocturnal, but mine
are active during the day. They are also active right before the lights go on,
and right after they go off. They seem to sleep at night.

Leigh