Old 30-04-2013, 09:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default OT but a welcome bit of brightness

Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:
Wildbilly wrote:
songbird wrote:

there's more than one business model.
i keep thinking you have no actual experience
in small businesses

Owned, and operated a small 3,000 case winery for 10 years. Our broker
was screwing us, and our landlord was about to do the same, so we went
to Europe for a year instead.

landlord for a winery, oh my...

Twenty acre minimum to have a winery on agricultural land. One acre of
vineyard = $100,000. As it was, I spent the first 3 mo. in Europe
grinding my teeth, and then I relaxed.

$2M, ouch, around here 20 acres might run
about the price of the one out there, but
it's not prime grape turf here (not enough
hills, foggy and hot and humid, etc.) anyways.
east and west of us there are vinyards coming
along. i'm not sure what they run per acre.

ok, so you have actually been a corporate
overlord. that means your comments are
geared towards the big corporations and not
the smaller ones?

but what do you think of a large company
that does make green efforts (or any company
for that matter)? already they are making
headway even more than the government is in
some areas.

i'm still asking this.

songbird