Old 28-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Garrapata

Default Composting sticks and limbs....

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:38:54 -0700, (paghat)
wrote:

Even with sundry little uses found, there has nevertheless accumulated a
pile of woody twigs & limbs barely too thick to compost -- not so much as
to justify renting a chipper, but a bit much for cutting by hand into
kindling-lengths or mulchy fragments. So if you ever do discover a quick
& easy method of recycling limbs through the compost without a chipper,
let me know!

I cut /chop them up as much as I can and put them in the compost, the
ones that don't break down completely are sifted out and put back in the
next batch...or I don't sift them out and spread them with the compost.
Many of my beds are woodland-natural so larger pieces blend in and look
like they belong