Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
MrMark MrMark is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
MrMark wrote:
Evening all...

In need of some advice please. This evening I managed to get the first
cut on the lawn this year and to say it looks bad is an
understatement.

Im contemplating stripping it off and re turfing it, but wanted your
opinions first on whether its worth reviving. I have attached a few
pics for your review.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

How many years ago did you last feed or water it? Notice the ring of fresh grass
around the dead spot from pet waste? That's what the grass would do if you fed
it properly. Most important time is the fall, but other times help too.
Thanks all...

Yes that will be the neighbours cats leaving their mess on my lawn over the winter. I usually rake, weed and feed each year. Which then results in a fast growing, green, but patchy lawn. Also the right hand side by the fence is always soggy as its in a shady area.

If I am to revive it, what is the best course of steps to attack it with. How does this sound?

1, Rake/scarify the entire lawn.
2, Apply a weed and feed (Is Evergreen Complete OK?)
3, Rake/scarify again a few weeks later

I will inevitably end up with loads of bald patches from where the moss has been raked out. How do I deal with these?

Cheers all...