Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone planted brassiccas out yet?

kay wrote in news:kay.bf2dc23
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

David Hill;981924 Wrote:
On 27/04/2013 17:21, Roger Tonkin wrote:-
In article ,
says...-

I know most are hardy, but the ones I planted last week have flopped
over.

Baz-

Not yet,

Mine are just about an inch high, in trays. Given the
forecast for tonight, I've moved them into the
greenhouse as I did last night, where they seem to
have survived a 0 C temperature. They spent all week
outside as we were away.
-
I wouldn't worry about them flaging for a few days, once they geet their

roots out they will pick up, they are not one of the plants that goes to

seed if it flags.

I've watched them being planted out in Portugal on a field scale. Rows
and rows of completely limp plants, yet no-one is in the least bit
concerned, so I presume they all right themselves.

What is good for the Portugese is good for me. Mine are now standing, and
even putting on a lot of foliage.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Baz