Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis armandii

In article ,
kay wrote:

All of my references say that this is not particularly hardy, but
I am coming to the conclusion that may be another gardening myth.
Has anyone got experiences of it suffering more than slightly
with (a) -10 Celcius in winter or (b) late frosts?

Mine died last winter (2011-12) . I don't think we went down as low as
-10, and late frosts were as normal. I think what did for it was day
after day with the daytime temperature not coming above 0, and once it
did, just the combination of cold and wet.

Thanks :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.