Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis armandii

On 01/05/2013 22:46, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Snow drift and apple blossom are of similar vintage I believe, I have never
heard that one is tougher than the other. Jeffery's form is a third good
one.

Having moved last year, I had to leave the Apple Blossom behind. But in
a local nursery came across a variety I hadn't heard of - "Hendersonii
rubra" (also known as "Henderson pink". Looked very attractive with its
deepish pink buds - although the flowers are still white. So I've put
one in, and it seems to be doing well. Have you come across it or got
any experience of it, Charlie?

--

Jeff