Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis armandii

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 01/05/2013 22:46, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Snow drift and apple blossom are of similar vintage I believe, I have
never
heard that one is tougher than the other. Jeffery's form is a third good
one.

Having moved last year, I had to leave the Apple Blossom behind. But in a
local nursery came across a variety I hadn't heard of - "Hendersonii
rubra" (also known as "Henderson pink". Looked very attractive with its
deepish pink buds - although the flowers are still white. So I've put one
in, and it seems to be doing well. Have you come across it or got any
experience of it, Charlie?

--

Jeff

No, sorry, I no longer grow any of them, I found they don't like it here and
always looked a tatty mess, especially in summer.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs