Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Feeding young fruit trees.

On Thu, 2 May 2013 12:36:25 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message

But Blood,fish and bone are not soluble so you are just washing it down to
soil level.
If I tried that here the Foxes would go mad digging for the food they
could smell.

I didn't relise that. Thanks

I just wait till the blossom starts to open and then feed with a high
potash fertiliser. If I use B,F&B, I GENTLY work it into the top few
inches of soil with a hand fork. It's no good on the surface.

--
Cheers, Jake