Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Impending drought

On Thu, 02 May 2013 14:14:17 GMT, Baz wrote:

We go through this drought discussion every year, don't we. A dry spell is
common isn't it?
Last year was the wettest drought on record. The year before that was the
wettest non-drought on record.
Keep on watering the plants until "they" tell us not to. And don't be peed
off when everything gets washed away.
No hosepipe bans yet.

Baz

I read a weather prediction from some professor of meteorology
somewhere that the weather pattern this year matches enough previous
years to allow a reasonable expectation of a washout summer.

OTOH, some forecasters are predicting sub-zero overnight temperatures
for South Wales next week; others are predicting lows of 3-4C
overnight. Who do we believe?

Not that I care! I have about 70 large plants to get into the ground.
Today I fell off a ladder and will be using crutches for a few weeks.
It's easier to water those pots which are within a couple of metres of
the tap than drag hose or cans all round the garden (I'd have to
drag/carry them in my mouth!).

--
Cheers, Jake