Old 03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
TeaBag TeaBag is offline
Registered User

Thanks all. At this moment in time the plan is only for a lawn. We have divided the land at the back of the house into three sections; 50% total area, 25% and 25%. The 50% area will be lawn. That is our first priority so that we have somewhere for our little one to play, have a barbeque and all that usual stuff that families do in the garden. Once that's complete, the other half (or two quarters) will be for chickens and raised beds, both areas about the same size.

One thing at a time, though. I see a garden as a life-long work in progress. I appreciate being given ideas and will store them for a later date, but for now I just need to make sure that I'm going about things the right way to ensure a successful lawn.

Thanks again for helping me out with your responses.