Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

On 05/03/2013 02:00 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Todd writes:

On 05/03/2013 10:01 AM, Gus wrote:
urine... hmmm.

Hi Gus,

Certain hunting supply stores sell animal scents
to covert the delightful smell of human. Maybe
coyote or mountain lion smell would work?

I don't know that this would apply for squirrels,
but my sister-in-law got rid of her gophers by
cramming cat pee pee and skat from their litter boxes
down their holes. Supposedly, it smells like their
predators.

It was our idea to have her do it. She didn't want to
use poison (her cats would eat the dead gophers and get
poisoned themselves) or explosives (my favorite).

Then after she did the deed, I apologized profusely
to her, saying I didn't think she would do it. It was
only a joke! And, yes, I laughed so hard I almost
puked. She is still getting even with me. Life is
good. It is good to be a Brother-In-Law.

That cat litter may turn into a sticky mess.
I suppose it depends on the brand, but I thought I'd save
some outdoors to use like sand after our cat died.

It got moist and turned into a paste.
10 years later I'm still trying to get all of it
out of the soil.

Hi Dan,

YUK!

That is why you cram it about 2 feet down their holes!
Do squirrels have holes?

-T