Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

"David E. Ross" wrote in message

The mixture was successfully used at a public garden where I am a
docent. The garden has two white mulberry trees (Morus alba) that
squirrel were killing by eating all the new shoots every spring. The
squirrels were also eating the bark off the branches. Apparently, there
is something in the shoots and bark that gives the squirrels a buzz
(squirrel marijuana?). The trees were often 2-3 months leafing out
because of the shoots being eaten.

This year, the trees leafed out on schedule in April. I was told that a
mixture of animal repellant, cayenne, and urine had been sprayed up into
the trees.

might I inquire, who's urine?