Old 28-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Garrapata

Default Dandelions

On 24 Feb 2003 19:00:59 -0800, (Claire Petersky)
wrote:

A while back I started a tradition -- in the fall I would pull up all
the dandelions in the front yard, and where ever there was a hole from
the pulled-up weed, I'd put in a crocus bulb. Then, in the early
spring, I would have a lawn full of naturalized-looking crocus bulbs.
By the time the flowers faded, it would be time to do the first mowing
of the lawn.

The only time I ever think it would be nice to live in a cold climate
would be to able to plant crocuses and other bulbs in a lawn. Here in
central California I have to mow year 'round so it doesn't work.

--
Prunedale, California
Near Monterey Bay and Elkhorn Slough