Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Garrett Garrett is offline
Registered User

Default New to gardening need advice

Hi all re landscaping garden. I'm doing a raised bed round the outskirts raising about a foot. The garden had a lot of gravel when moved in so I've removed all this but has left me needing a lot of top soil to refill. I'm also wanting to put weed hard down covered by woodchip. My question is can I put the gravel and soil mix back in that I took out then put top soil in cover with weed guard and lay chip on top. Reason I ask is the mrs wants to put a few flowers in. So I said you can cut a sufficient hole in the weed guard and pot like that. Am I right or will they just die due to gravel base and not getting any nutrients or will top soil be enough for them to grow or am I just being thick. Haha. Hope I haven't bored anyone with my essay.