Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

On 5/4/2013 3:21 AM, songbird wrote:
Frank wrote:
Racoons are more of a
problem and will sometimes just rip up a small plant.

they often are smelling the fertilizer (that usually
has fish parts or ...) in the potting mix.

songbird

Encounter last year was a half dozen hydrangeas in small pots.
Racoons, I assume, tore everything apart. May have smelled but there
was no fertilizer.

It is not possible to rid the area of wildlife but I do think it is a
few individuals that start coming around and keep repeating and if you
can get rid of those maybe it will keep damage down.

One of the squirrels that was hitting my bird feeder put away a couple
of months ago was searching around the deck this morning and used a pot
full of dirt as his bathroom. Wife thought he was cute.