Old 04-05-2013, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Things to plant in mid June on the allotment.

In article , says...

wrote in
:

Cant you plant right away with cardboard?

NT

Yes. But thats a lot of cardboard for an allotment.

The best source I've found, is the very large cardboard boxes obtainable from
electrical- white good showrooms. They often nhave to pay to dispose of them so are
glad to give them away (ready flattened and bundled up). A box that protected a
large freezer opens up to a good size. Overlap the edges of adjacent sheets; and
weight them down with bricks or planks so they can't blow around. I also pile
lawncuttings on top of the card.

Use a stanley knife to cut an X to plant through.

Janet